Day 1.- Cusco – Cancha cancha
We pick you up from your hotel at around 7am and travel by bus for approximately 2 hours to Huaran (2840m/9317ft), a small village in the Sacred Valley and the start of the trek. We will meet our horseman and mules here and begin the beautiful hike through the lush valley, following the gentle uphill route of the Cancha Cancha River. It will take about 5 hours to reach the picturesque village of the same name where we will set up camp for the night (3800m/12467ft)
Day 2: Cancha cancha – Kishuarani.
After having breakfast, we will leave the campsite and begin a steep ascent to Pachacutec Pass (4458m/14625ft) the highest point of the trek. From here there are spectacular views of the snow-peaked mountain, Pitusiray, Pachacutec Lake and the surrounding valleys. After the pass, we continue walking and descend into the next valley to reach Quiswarani village (3700m/12138ft) where will spend the night. Along the route, the scenery is breathtaking – there are glacial lakes, waterfalls and snow-peaked mountains. This area is also rich in birdlife and there is a possibility of seeing Andean ibis, Andean geese and flamingoes amongst others.
Day 3: Kishuarani – Kuncani - Lares.
We will have breakfast and start an ascent of about 3 hours to reach the Huillquijasa Pass (4200m/13779ft) the second highest pass of the trek. The views are impressive and worth the climb! After this, we descend towards the village of Cuncani, passing beautiful turquoise lakes along the way. We continue descending after Cuncani until we arrive at Lares’ Hot Springs. We will spend the night in a nearby campsite (3860m/12663ft).
Day 4: Lares – Cusco
. After breakfast, the morning will be spent enjoying the hot springs – a well-deserved reward after the trek!!! From Lares we will take a bus* back to Cusco and will arrive late afternoon.
· Transfer from your hotel and transport to trail head.
· English speaking professional guide
· Igloo tents - 2 persons in each 4-person capacity tent with plenty of space for your backpacks
· Double thickness mattress
· Cook and Cooking equipment
· Complete Meals During Trip, food includes pancakes, omelettes, soups fresh fruit, avocado, pasta, chicken, fish, meat, rice, all rich in carbohydrates and suitable for trekking, hot drinks including coca leaf tea which is excellent for the altitude Teatime the first two days (tea, coffee, biscuits, popcorn)
· Dining tent with camp tables and chairs Kitchen tent
· First aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle